Got questions? We've got answers.

What is SAKE?

SAKE is Sistem Administrasi Kewarganegaraan Elektronik, a new system introduced in 2020 to handle renunciation process.

What documents I need for SAKE?
  • Legalized birth cert
  • Legalized marriage cert
  • Legalized passport
  • Legalized ICA letter

Photocopy of documents need to be legalized by Indonesia Public Notary.

I can’t complete my SAKE application within 2 months, what should I do?

You should send email to ICA to ask for time extensions.

Where do I legalized my documents?

Check out the list of notaries here. You need to get your document legalized by Indonesia Notary Public.

Most people will choose Bun Hai who’s based in Batam.

Could I legalize my document at KBRI Singapura embassy?

No, your documents need to be legalized by Indonesia Public Notary.

Do I need to translate approval letter from AHU?

In my case, I emailed ICA and get confirmation that they accepted the approval letter as it is.

If you want to get it translated by certified sworn translator, most people will go to Mr Anwar.

What’s next after my application is approved on SAKE?

Download the approval letter from the SAKE website and get it translated by a certified sworn translator.

Schedule an appointment at KBRI Singapura to surrender your passport and to legalize the approval letter from SAKE. You must bring the translated and original letter.

Collect the acknowledgment letter from the embassy and schedule your appointment with ICA.

How do I make payment for SAKE in Singapore?

You could make payment at the BNI branch at Cecil Street. Only this branch could facilitate payment.

BNI Singapore Branch, Prudential Tower 30 Cecil St, Singapore 049712
+65 6225 7755

Remember to print out the Surat Perintah Bayar from the SAKE website for the bank to process.

There's people who successfully made payment via DBS Remit but I'm not too clear on the steps.

What should I enter for Surat Keterangan Naturalisasi on SAKE?

You can enter the application ID stated on the ICA letter. ID usually starts with "ROC-"

Do I need to translate both ICA letter?

No, you only need to translate the 2nd ICA letter where it states you're at the final stage of the process.

Do I need to legalize KTP?


If you don't have your KTP for whatever reason, you need to write a statement letter stating you don't have KTP and sign it on a Materai Rp. 6000.

You'll need to upload this statement letter on the SAKE website and send it along the other documents to AHU.

Do I need to send hardcopy documents to AHU?

Yes. Once you made the payment and upload the payment receipt on the SAKE website, you have 7 days to send the hardcopy documents to AHU.

What happens when I received yellow symbol in SAKE?

Find out the reason why they gave you a yellow mark. If it states "Tidak Sesuai", you'll need to reattach and resend the documents again.

Should I bring my documents to MFA to get certified true copy?

No, as of now you don't need MFA as only documents certified by Indonesia Public Notary will be accepted.

Can I contact SAKE via Whatsapp?

Yes, you can but there're lots of reports that people hardly get any reply via Whatsapp as the counterpart isn't very responsive.

The number is +62 813 8976 7477.

How long it usually take to get your documents re-verified?

If you received a yellow mark and have resend your documents to AHU, it will take approximately a week to receive update via the SAKE website.

Do I need to translate my Singapore Registry of Marriage (ROM) certificate?

If you've already reported your marriage at the KBRI Singapura, you only need to legalize the "Laporan Perkawinan" document from the Indonesian government.

If you didn't report your marriage at the KBRI Singapura, you'll need to translate the ROM certificate and legalize it.

Find out more information on pencatatan pernihakan.

What documents I need to bring to ICA on my appointment day?

The 2 most important documents to bring are:

  1. SAKE letter (original and translated version legalized by KBRI Singapura)
  2. Original acknowledgment letter that you've surrendered your passport

For my application, I couldn't get an early appointment date at the KBRI Singapura to legalize the SAKE letter before my ICA deadline (yes, you need to make an appointment first).

I emailed ICA to explain the situation and received the green light to bring ONLY the original SAKE letter and original acknowledgment letter. No need to translate and legalize.

If you're in the same situation, email ICA to get confirmation on the documents to bring.

How do I make appointment to surrender my passport?

To make an appointment, send an email to imigrasi@indonesianembassy.sg.

You'll receive an email that indicates your appointment date. Print the email and bring your original passport and approval letter from AHU.

How do I make appointment to legalize SAKE approval letter?

Go to https://services.indonesianembassy.sg/ and click "Kekonsuleran".

Select "Legalisasi Dokumen Non Bisnis/Perseorangan/Surat Kuasa Pribadi" and click "Lanjutkan" to proceed.

Choose a date and enter your details. Next, submit your document and you should receive email with your appointment details.

I can't get early appointment to legalize my document, what can I do?

There's nothing much you could do. I tried to call and beg but no luck.

What others have tried is to get an appointment to surrender your passport, usually, you could get an appointment the following week. When you've done your application on the 1st level, go up to the 2nd level (the consular section) and try to ask if they could legalize your document.

Can I go to KBRI Singapura embassy without an appointment?

No. There'll be someone outside the gate that will be checking for your appointment details. Those without appointments will be turned down.

I'm not married but it's mandatory to upload marriage certificate in SAKE, what should I do?

Try to upload a blank piece of paper in JPG format.

I selected Married status in SAKE but there's no field to enter marriage cert information, what should I do?

If you happened to face this issue, you'll need to inspect the element on your browser (right-click and choose inspect element). Find display: none; and change it to display: block; to make the section appear.

How long does it take to get green approval in SAKE?

It depends. My first green approval took about 1 week and the remaining approvals within 3-4 days

What should I write on my DHL Waybill to AHU?

You could write the following:

Direktorat Jenderal Administrasi Hukum Umum
Kementerian Hukum Dan Hak Asasi Manusia RI
Gedung Direktorat Jenderal Administrasi Hukum Umum
Jln HR. Rasuna Said Kav. 6-7, Kuningan
+62 811-234-657

How could I extend my appointment date with ICA?

You can send email to ICA_Citizenship_Unit@ica.gov.sg

What's the cost for legalization of AHU letter at KBRI Singapura?

The fee for non-business document legalization is $35.

Click here for more info.

How do you get the ICA letter legalized?

To get the ICA letter legalized, first you’ll have to get it translated by Sworn Translator. The one recommended by community is Mr Anwar.

Next, you need to send the letter in both English and Bahasa Indonesia to Public Notary in Indonesia.

Powered by: Simple Analytics

If you found this website useful, consider 👇