Bye Indonesia

Congratulations! If you're here, it means you're renouncing your Indonesian citizenship. Find all the information you need! Good luck with your application!

Frequently asked questions

Can't find the answer you're looking for? Check our FAQs page for more info.

What is SAKE?

SAKE is Sistem Administrasi Kewarganegaraan Elektronik, a new system introduced in 2020 to handle renunciation process.

What documents I need for SAKE?
  1. Birth Certificate or Akta Kelahiran
  2. Passport
  3. KTP or Kartu Tanda Penduduk
  4. KK or Kartu Keluarga ~ this document is optional. You could use it if you don’t have KTP.
  5. ROM or Marriage Certificate issued in SG or Indonesia
  6. ICA Letter (Final Approval or 2nd letter)

Follow this guide to legalize your documents.

I can’t complete my SAKE application within 2 months, what should I do?

You should send email to ICA ( to ask for time extensions.

Could I legalize my documents at KBRI Singapura embassy?

You could legalize the following documents at KBRI Singapura embassy:

  • ICA Final Approval letter translated to Bahasa Indonesia by a sworn translator
  • ROM certificate translated to Bahasa Indonesia by a sworn translator
  • Passport – ONLY if your passport is issued by KBRI. If your passport is issued in Indonesia, you should get them legalized at dukcapil.
Where do I legalized my documents?

As of April 2022, SAKE only accepts documents legalized by the Perwakilan Republic Indonesia (KBRI) or the institutions that issued the said document.

Refer to our guide to find out how to legalize your documents.